Roberto D. Lachica, MD
About Roberto D. Lachica, MD
Specialty: Plastic Surgery
|1068 Cresthaven Road
Memphis, TN 38119
Years in practice:
- 1999 American Board of Plastic Surgery
- 2007 American Board of Plastic Surgery
- 1992 University of Chicago
- 1998 University of Tennessee, Memphis
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery
- American Association of Plastic Surgeons
- Senior Examiner, American Board of Plastic Surgery, Oral Examination Committee
- Best Plastic Surgeons, Memphis Magazine
- America’s Top Plastic Surgeons, Castle Connolly
- Associate Professor (full-time faculty), University of Tennessee- Memphis, Department of Plastic Surgery
- Appear in the Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Craniofacial Surgery, and Breast
Areas of Surgical Expertise:
- Facial rejuvination- facelift, blepharoplasty
- Breast- augmentation, lift, reduction
- Body contouring- abdominoplasty, liposuction
- “Mommy makeover-“ tummy tuck + breast lift/augmentation
- Surgery after massive weight loss- buttock/thigh/arm lift
- Minimally invasive “THERMI” liposculpture
- Revision (“re-do”) breast/body surgery for unsatisfactory results
- Mastectomy reconstruction- implant, tissue, microvascular techniques
Roberto D. Lachica, M.D. is a board-certified plastic surgeon with with eighteen years of experience. He has been voted a Top Plastic Surgeon by Castle Connolly and Memphis Magazine. Dr. Lachica has devoted his entire career to performing aesthetic and reconstructive plastic surgery to the highest standards of excellence and safety offered within our specialty. His skills and comfort level in performing aesthetic surgery are grounded not only in his training and experience, but in his solid foundation of reconstructive microsurgery- procedures which still make up a significant part of his practice. He knows what works, and more importantly- what doesn’t.
He knows that patient selection and good judgement are critical to getting beautiful results- without compromising safety. For his long-standing reputation as a surgeon and academician, he has been selected by his colleagues to the highly prestigious American Association of Plastic Surgeons. For his reputation as an educator and safety advocate he has been appointed as a Senior Examiner by the American Board of Plastic Surgery Oral Exam Committee.
He is as Associate Professor in the University of Tennessee Department of Plastic Surgery.
Dr. Lachica has special expertise in microvascular surgery. Since 2001, he has been a regular member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons international lecture circuit applying these techniques to reconstruction of the upper and lower extremity.
His contributions to the peer-reviewed literature appear in the following peer-reviewed journals- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Breast, and Craniofacial Surgery.